Precognize published this article in “SYMPHOS 2019”, 5th International Symposium on Innovation and Technology in the Phosphate Industry.
Precognize focuses on predictive analytics for the process industry, including chemical processing plants, phosphate plants, and oil and gas and petrochemical refineries. We address this industry because its needs, circumstances, and requirements are significantly different from those of any other industry, handicapping standard predictive analytics from making an impact.
The SAM GUARD solution overcomes the obstacles that prevent other predictive analytics systems from working effectively in a busy process manufacturing plant, by combining artificial intelligence with human domain knowledge to produce a solution that is greater than the sum of its parts. Download article
Article's main points:
1. The chemical industry faces growing challenges
Fluctuations in commodity cost.
Regulation and compliance.
Safety and environmental regulations.
Balancing competing demands.
Maintaining a consistent quality with inconsistent raw materials.
Rising cost of raw materials.
2. What chemical plants need from predictive analytics
3. The drawbacks of machine learning in the chemical industry
3a. The weakness of supervised learning
3b. The fallibility of unsupervised learning
4. Combining AI with HI: the unique Precognize solution
5. SAM GUARD Case Studies in the Phosphate Industry
6. Conclusion: Predictive analytics is a spotlight, not a magic wand