August 13, 2021
PRODUCT LOSS THROUGH EARLY ALTERS PREVENTED – CASE STUDY
EVENT REPORTED by SAM GUARD®
- Leakage in the heat exchanger – outlet temperature is higher than expected.
How SAM GUARD® Helped
- Identified and alerted of a leak in the heat exchanger hours before it was verified in the field.
- Repeatedly alerted on changes of behavior between tags of temperature input & output in heat exchanger.
- Presented via charts, allowing for easy identification of problem in the heat exchanger.
COST / DOWNTIME AVOIDED
- Heat exchanger’s cold side gasket fixed.
- SAM GUARD® gave the alerts when the productivity was still intact. If there were no alerts, the stripper would have been less efficient, and less product – fire retardant in this case – would have been manufactured.