June 30, 2022
Chemical Plant Prevents Sudden Evaporator Failure
Leakage within a tank that was not easily accessible or visible for human inspection
How SAM GUARD® Helped
- SAM GUARD detected a drop in the tank level as soon as it was installed, and issued an alert.
- Plant engineers carried out an on-site inspection and discovered a leakage in the tank’s manual valve.
- The valve was fixed, stopping the leak.
- The tank supplies cooling water to the evaporator.
- If the level had continued to drop, the evaporator would have major temperature regulation issues.
- Without the ability to regulate its temperature, the evaporator would have failed.
- Tank level had been dropping for 3 months without anyone noticing.